RGPV BHOPAL,MP
M.C.A.(3RD Semester) Examination
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM [MCA-202]
Time: 3 Hrs Max Marks: 100 Min: 40
Note :Attempts All questions.All Question carry equal marks.
Q.1.(a) Define Database Management System(DBMS)discuss the responsibilities of DBA.?
       (b) Software India Ltd. is an organization involved in the design, development and marketing of software products for a family of advanced personal computers.What entities are of interest
to such an enterprise ? Give a list of these entities and the relationship among them.?
       (c) Define the following :
                  (i) E-R Model
                 (ii)DBMS architecture


Q.2.(a) Discuss Different types of key. For each case, give a suitable example. What is a foreign key constraint ? Why is such constraint important ?
       (b) Explain the following :
                (i) SQL and its operation
               (ii) Relational calculus
       (c) What do you understand by Query processing and optimization ? Discuss in detail.

Q.3.(a) Why do we need normailized data ? What is BCNF ? Discuss.
       (b) Consider a relation R(A.B.C.D.E.). The following dependencies are given :
                    A -> B, BC -> E, ED ->
               Find all keys of relations R. Is R in BCNF ? Justify your answer.
       (c) Explain the following :
                   (i) Multivalued dependencies
                  (ii) Dependency preservation

Q.4.(a) Discuss various transaction states with their description and state diagram.?
       (b) Explain the following :
                (i) ACID properties
               (ii) Checkpoints
              (iii) Data fragmentation
      (c) Enlist different schemes of database recovery and explain any one in detail.?

Q.5.(a) What do you understand by file organization ? Discuss different approaches of file
organization along with their merits and demerits.?
       (b) Explain the following :
            (i) Object Oriented Database
           (ii) Video servers
           (iii) Data warehousing
       (c) Explain the difference between each of the following
            (i) Primary versus secondary indexes
           (ii) Dense versus sparse indexes
           (iii) Clustered versus un-clustered indexes
META TAGS:-RGPV MCA-202 DBMS OLD PAPERS I RGPV MCA-202 DBMS OLD EXAM PAPERS I RGPV DBMS EXAM PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 DBMS TEST PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 DBMS QUESTION PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 DBMS MODEL PAPERS I RGPV MCA-202 DBMS SAMPLE PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 DBMS LAST 5 YEAR PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 DBMS PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OLD PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 MODEL PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 GUESSING PAPERS I MCA-202 DBMS GUESSING PAPERS I RGTU MCA-202 DBMS GUESS PAPERS I RGPV DBMS MODEL TEST PAPERS I RGPV MCA PAPERS I MCA-202 DBMS SOLVED PAPERS I RGTU MCA 2ND SEM ALL PAPERS

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers