Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, Bhopal
C.S. (Sixth Semester) EXAM ,June-2011
COMPUTER NETWORKING [ CS- 604(N) ]
Time :3 Hrs  Max Marks: 100     Min Marks: 35
Note:- Attempt one question from each Unit. All questions carry equal marks.
UNIT-I 
Q1. (a) Write difference between OSI and TCP/ IP model ? 10
       (b) Define three layers of X-25 ? 10 
OR
Q.2 (a ) Write a short note on TCP & UDP ? 10
       (b) Compare ATM and Frame relay ? 10
UNIT-II 
Q.3 (a) Given an error free 64 Kpbs satellite channel which is used to send 512 bytes data frames in one direction with very short acknowledgements coming back the other way.What will be the maximum throughput for window size of 1, 7, 15 and 127 ? 15
       (b) State various design issues for Data Link Layer?5
OR
Q.4  (a) What is meant by bit stuffing ? Explain., 10
        (b) Draw and explain about the frame structure and various frame types in HDLC ? 10
UNIT-III 
Q. 5 (a) What is need of minimum frame size?If it is 64 byte,then calculate loss of bandwidth for 100 Mbps ethernet network? 10
        (b) Define EDDI ? 10
OR
Q.6  (a) How can you compare I-persistent CSMA and P-persistent CSMA ? 10
        (b) Explain the MAC frame format.? 10
UNIT-IV 
Q.7  (a)How many host per network in each IP address class can exit?Show with example?8
        (b) Define the types of Routing Algorithms ?   12 
OR
Q.8  (a) How can you compare IPv 4 and IPv 6 ? 10
        (b) What are unicast routing protocols ? 10
UNIT-V
Q.9  (a) How would you define congestion control and Q.S. ? 10
        (b) What is the difference between IP addresses and Port number ?10 
OR
Q10.Write Short notes on following ;   5 each
           (i) Virtual Terminal Protocol
           (ii) H.323 layering
           (iii) SMTP
           (iv) DNS
META TAGS:-RGPV PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGPV CS 6TH SEM PAPERS I RGPV 6TH SEM COMPUTER NETWORKING PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGPV COMPUTER NETWORKING LAST YEAR PAPERS I RGPV PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I RGPV MODEL PAPERS I CS PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS I COMPUTER NETWORKING OLD PAPERS I COMPUTER NETWORKING SAMPLE PAPERS I RGTU SAMPLE PAPERS FOR COMPUTER NETWORKING I RGTU SAMPLE PAPERS I RGTU CS-604 SOLVED PAPERS I RGTU 6TH SEM COMPUTER SCIENCE OLD PAPERS I RGTU CS-604 SAMPLE PAPERS I COMPUTER SCIENCE 6TH SEM COMPUTER NETWORKING PAPERS I COMPUTER NETWORK LAST 5 YEAR PAPERS I COMPUTER NETWORKING EXAM PAPERS I RGPV COMPUTER NETWORK QUESTION PAPERS I COMPUTER NETWORKS EXAM PAPERS

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers